Drupal Articles » Creating a CCK and Views powered Drupal site » Using Views module to create a "listing" of Articles » Enable the new "Articles" block
The Block: Articles Display you just created has now become automatically available to the rest of Drupal as a "Block" at Administer > Site building > Blocks (admin/build/block).
- Go to the Blocks administration page and locate articles in the list of "Disabled" blocks (until you enable them, Blocks are disabled by default).
- Click on the Region drop down menu to the right of articles, and choose one of your theme's available Regions (for instance,
Right sidebar). The articles block will immediately move out of the Disabled category and up into the Right sidebar category higher up on the page. You can adjust its position relative to the other blocks in that Region using the move icon at the far left.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and press the "Save blocks" button. The new Views-generated Block should now appear in the Region you selected.
More info to add...
- You are not limited to only the blocks that are pre-defined for your theme.
- Short mention of the possibility of adding blocks to your front page (and link to article on making front pages).